The QUOC website is currently UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
However, here are the basic details of the club:
Simply, we are club for Queen's Students that like to escape the concrete, and play Outdoors.
1. Complete the Queen's Recreation Club Registration: bit.ly/1rU5mgW (select 'Outdoors Club')
2. Complete the QUOC Membership form:bit.ly/1weveCv
3. Come to a meeting and make your payment.
For students: $30/ year or $20/ semester
For Queen's alumni, faculty/ staff + spouses: $40/ year or $25/ semester plus an active ARC membership
To go on an awesome trip:
1. Fully register as a member
2. Receive weekly emails "The Scoop!" with upcoming trip descriptions, hopefully something interests you! These are sent to paid members only.
3. Come to a weekly meeting (Wednesdays @ 5:30pm in Dunning 12) to sign up on an "interest list" 3-4 weeks before a trip
At meetings we also share pictures and stories from the weekend, and occasionally host movie nights and potlucks!
4. Secure your place with payment for a trip 2-3 weeks in advance (at a meeting or contact your trip leader)
5. Borrow any gear you need from the club (free for club members!)
*Note: we cannot rent canoes, kayaks, or mountaineering equipment outside of official club trips*
6. Go have a wild time outside with some great folks! :)
Info on Gear Rental:
- Members have access to rent any of our gear except for canoes, kayaks, and mountaineering equipment.
- Gear hours for pick up and returns are:
- If these *absolutely* don't work for you, and a friend can't go on your behalf, send our Gear Managers an email at:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Maya) or email@example.com (Cayla)
You can also find our group on Facebook: "Queen's Outdoors Club"
We are also on Instagram! @queensoutdoorsclub
Thanks for stopping by!